Name : ANUP SAH, AIIPC, IIPC Diamond ,FICS
Father's Name : Late Sri C.L. Sah Thulgharia
Mailing Address : Hutton Cottage, Ayarpata Hill, Nainital – 263001, Uttarakhand
Ph.: 05942 - 235553, Mob. : + 91 9412084513
e- mail: email@example.com
Date of Birth : 6 August, 1949
Educational Qualification : BSc, 1976 (Zoology,Botany and Chemistry)
Occupation : Nature Photographer, Environmentalist and Floriculturist
. Achievements in Photography at National & International levels:
- Awarded his first International Honour "AIIPC" in 1994 by India International Photographic Council (IIPC). IIPC Platinum grade awarded in 1997. In 2002 "IIPC Diamond" grading was awarded to him which previously only three photographers had received this honour.Fellowship by Image Colleague Society U.S.A
- Selected as one of the Top Ten Photographers in the country by IIPC in the year 1990, 1992 to 2001 continuously and 2003 - 2005.
- Selected among Top Ten Photographers in slide and prints section by Federation of Indian Photography (FIP) in the year 1995.
- More than 2500 photographs and slides were accepted and exhibited in National and International photographic salons recognized by India International Photography Council (IIPC), Federation of Indian Photographic Society of America (PSA) and Federation of International De-La Art Photography, Italy (FIAP).
- Won 350 awards & certificates of merit in National and International salons till date. Declared "Best Entrant" in 8 salons.
- Contributed as Jury Member to judge various national and international recognized photography salons/ exhibitions.
- Has been instrumental in organizing National and International Photography exhibitions in Uttarakhand since 1985 in collaboration with India International Photographic Council, Photographic Society of America, Federation of International Photography India and Federation of International De la Art Photography, Italy. These exhibitions has contributed to a large extend to popularize photography and environmental conservation. Among a few photographer in India who are mountaineer and naturalist, the high altitude photography done by him is through the eyes of a mountaineer, depicting the high altitudes in their most natural forms.
- To popularizing photography in Northern India has produced several students and armatures who have taken up photography as their hobby as well as profession.
- Selected among Top Seven Photographers & awarded Diploma in Photography by Academy of Visual Media, New Delhi in 1993.
- Invited for Pingyao International Photography Festival, China, Sept. 2006 and represented the delegation of Academy of Visual Media, New Delhi.
Solo Exhibitions and slide shows organized :
(i) Solo Exhibition :
- "Wood carving Traditions of Kumaon" organized by Indian International Center, New Delhi from 23rd to 29th September 1998.
- 12 Solo exhibitions organized, some of them are as follows;
- Hong Kong August 2003;
- Lalit Kala Academy 2003;
- Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts, New Delhi;
- Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) New Delhi 2004;
- Nainital, Bareilly, Udham Singh Nagar, Moradabad, Mumbai 2005;
- China 2006 on invitation of Pingyao International Photography;
- Dillihat New Delhi January 2007, organised by Noida Floriculture Society ;
- Noida Stadium 2007 organised by Nodia Development Authority
(ii)Slide Show :
- Organizing regular slide shows in different parts of the country to sensitize young talent and popularize photography.
Author/Contributor photographer for Pictorial books/Research publications
- Uttarakhand Tourism Book series
- Raj Bhawan, Nainital
- Army Central Command Pictorial Book,
- Uttaranchal Environment & Development
- Book on Trekking published by Publication Division, Government of India
- Kumaun Himalaya Temptation published by Uttarakhand Government
- Nainital: The tempter and song, a coffee table book
- UTTRAKHAND-A Celebration by Forest Dept.
Achievements in field Activities :
- Mountaineering, Trekking, Rock Climbing and Skiing.
- (Completed Basic and Advanced Mountaineering Course in Grade "A" in 1969 and 1971 respectively, from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi.
- (Attending several National and International camps in mountaineering organized by Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF).
- Led and participated in National and International Mountaineering Expeditions to Nanda Devi, Nanda Khat, Pawali Dwar, Devisthan, Shivling, Rudragaria, Panchchuli, Shrikant peaks etc.
- Led and organized many trekking expeditions to various place in the Himalaya. Notable among these some of are:
- Represented Uttar Pradesh in 1st All India N.C.C. Mountaineering Expedition 1970 to the Panchachuli peaks massif in Kumaun Himalayas with credit.
- Deputy Leader of the successful Indian Nadakhat Expedition 1972, organized by the Nainital Mountaineering Club and sponsored by the IMF and Government of Uttar Pradesh. Two virgin peaks Nadakkhat (21690’) and Bauljuri (19430’) were climbed.
- Leader of the successful “Indian Nada Devi Sanctuary Recce- Cum Cliombing and Scientific Expedition 1974” organized by the Nainital Mountaineering Club and sponsored by the IMF and Government of Uttar Pradesh. The exploration team members also climbed Devisthan (21910’)situated in the rim of the Sanctuary during the expedition and brought a lot of valuable information and exhibits on the flora inside the Sancturay.
- Contributed as an Honorary Instructor for the several training courses organized by NTMC and also for a few training courses organized by NIM, Uttarkahshi.
- Member of Indo- Japanese North – East Face Nanda Devi Expedition 1977 .
- Traills Pass expedition in 1998 (which was crossed after 53 years since Ist successful expedition ),
- Milam Malari Trek and Panch Kedar in 1996,
- Valley of Flowers Gamsali Pass Trek,
- Undertaken twice the Kailas - Mansoravar Yatra (1990 and 2002).
Membership of Organizations :
- Member, Uttarakhand State Wild Life Advisory Board
- Former Member, Uttar Pradesh State Wild Life Advisory Board, 1995- 1998.
- Former Member, Uttar Pradesh Committee, World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF) till 1998.
- President and Founder Member, Nainital Mountaineering Club, Nainital
- Member, Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF), New Delhi
- Member, Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi
- Life Member, India International Photographic Council, New Delhi
- Life Member and Governing Council Member, Central Himalayan Environment Association, Nainital
- Life Member, PAHAR & Uttarakhand Shodh Sansthan.
- Member, The Himalayan Club, Mumbai
- Member, Uttarakhand Tourism Advisory Board, Adventure Committee 2005- ‘06
- Manager, C.R.S.T. Inter College, Nainital, established in 1858, serving the vernacular education as one of the premium school in Uttarakhand.
- Life Member, Explore & Adventure Club, Mumbai
- Secretary, Florists' League (India), Nainital and founder member
- Former Director, The Kurmanchal Nagar Sahkari Bank Ltd that has achieved the status of the best performing urban cooperative bank in North India.