- Dimapur : Dimapur to Kohima is 74 Kms and takes about 2 hours of pleasant driving.
- Imphal : Imphal to Kohima is 142 Kms. and the drive from Imphal Valley to Kohima takes about 3 - 4 hours.
- Help Desks will be set up at both the the Airport and Train Station. For any assistance kindly contact the personnel there.
- How do I obtain an ILP (Inner Line Permit) ?
- I am a registered but have not received my ILP as yet. What do I do ? Do not worry. The person receiving you at the Airport/ Train Station or Bus Stations will have it ready for you.
- I am a Foreign National. What do I do ? Foreign tourists as of January 1, 2011 no longer require a Restricted Area Permit (RAP) / Protected Area Permit (PAP) to enter Nagaland. The new rules only require foreigners to register themselves at the local Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) of the district they visit within 24 hours of their arrival.However, the the citizens of Pakistan, Bangladesh and China still need to apply for PAP/ RAP (Restricted Area Permit)
- Foreign Exchange Foreign Exchange facilities are available at various Banks both in Kohima and Dimapur.
- How Do I know which hotel I am in ? A list of all hotel reservations is going to be posted shortly. Please refer to the list for your hotel reservation.
- Will there be vegetarian food ? Yes we have vegetarian food laid out for every meal.
- I have special Medical Needs . How do I manage with it in Kohima ? Please email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What kind of weather conditions should I expect? The average daytime temperature can vary between 29°C – 21°C, however it can get cool after sunset, and rain is not uncommon. A light Jacket is recommended for evening wear.
Arrival and Departure points
Permits and Formalities
However, for the registered participants of the SMDS - III the organisers are arranging for ILPs.