results for the 3rd Indian Himalayan Photography Competition 2013
winners of the general category
winners of the Student Category
While we shall try our best to contact winners, we request you to kindly write in with a copy of you ID and other details such as bank name, account number, branch name, IFCS no etc
3rd INDIAN HIMALAYAN PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2013
The 3rd Indian Himalayan Photography Competition in association with the Eastern Art Council will be held in Kohima from the : 25th to 27th September 2013 as part of the Kohima Summit 2013 - Sustainable Mountain Development Summit (SDS-III), under the aegis of Sustainable Development Forum Nagaland (SDFN) and the Indian Mountain Initiative (IMI). The Competition is expected to not just highlight the salient features of the Indian Himalayan Region but to encourage photography as a medium to speak for and about mountains, its people, their challenges and celebrate life as it is.
Judges For the PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION -
Format of Submission: -
- There will be no entry fee for the competition.
- Entries can be submitted in both Colour and Black/White format.
- Entrants may submit maximum of 3 (high resolution digital photographs)
- All digital files must be in JPEG format
- Minimum resolution of photographs in soft copy should be 2500 pixel for both landscape and portrait orientation at 300 dpi.
- Participants in Students category MUST submit a valid ID card.
- All file size must not exceed 5 MB
- Minimum or Minor burning, highlights,dodging and colour correction are acceptable.
- Photography must be taken within three years before the date of entry
- Only photographs taken within the boundaries of the mountain states of India namely Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura and the hill district of Assam and West Bengal will be accepted.
- Caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which photograph was taken.
KINDLY NOTE: -
- HDR(High Dynamic Range) and stitch paranoma are not acceptable
- Incomplete form will not be acceptable
- Watermarks are not acceptable.
- Judging will be done by YES/NO system.
- The decision of the judges will be final and binding.
- The copyright of the photos will remain with the photographer. However, the organisers will with due credits, have free and unlimited access and use of photographs in all promotional material and documentation of the event on a non-commercial basis
- Photographs will be judge based on four criteria
ii)How best the picture captures the theme
iii) Photographic Quality
iv)Genuineness/Authenticity of the content
- Submission of entries implies acceptance of the rules of the exhibition in all respect.
- Disputes if any, shall be settled within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Nagaland, Kohima, Nagaland
- Last date for submission of entries is 14th of September 2013.
Closing Date : 14th September 2013
Judging : 15th to 18th September 2013
Notification : 20th September 2013
Exhibition : 25th to 27th September 2013
The details of the 3rd Indian Himalayan Photography Competition are as follows:
Category of the Competition:
- General (Open to All)
- Student (ID card Mandatory)
Theme of the Competition:
- Life and Livelihood in the Mountains
- Tradition and Modernity in Mountain Society
- Biodiversity in the Mountains
- 1st Prize Rs. 50,000/-
- 2nd Prize Rs. 30,000/-
- Two consolation Prizes of Rs. 10,000/- Each
- 1st Prize Rs. 10,000/-
- 2nd Prize Rs. 5,000/-
- Two consolation Prizes of Rs. 2000/- Each
Kindly Mail Your entries to: